The Polish Automotive Group has had the status of a National Key Cluster since 2019
The status of the National Key Cluster (KKK) is awarded by the Ministry of Development to such organizations and associations that have a key impact on the economy. There are only a dozen or so such organizations in Poland in all industries. Obtaining this status is a milestone in the development of the Polish Automotive Group. Thanks to this, the association has a chance to apply for dedicated support from European funds, and PGM member companies can receive additional points when applying for public funds. Modern automotive, based on research, development and innovation, must seek cooperation and support from various environments, and the Key Cluster will help the association establish cooperation with research institutions, non-governmental organizations and public administration.
The POLISH AUTOMOTIVE GROUP association is a cluster coordinator with the same name.
The cooperation initiative in the group of several companies was born already in 2011. Several of them even undertook to jointly implement the project, which in 2012 obtained funding from the National Center for Research and Development. But it was only the establishment of the Polish Automotive Group Association in 2016 that allowed the initiative to fully spread its wings.
Currently, the PGM Cluster brings together:
- Polish producers from the automotive industry (members of the PGM association),
- Scientific and research units (members of the PGM association),
- Innovation centers accredited by MPiT (business environment institutions),
- Other entities that are interested in supporting the development of the Polish automotive industry.
Cluster members – current list of PGM cluster members:
PGM CLUSTER MISSION
We support the development of Polish manufacturers in the automotive industry
PGM CLUSTER DEVELOPMENT VISION
Polish Automotive Group will:
- a recognizable brand and effective support in acquiring customers and entering new markets,
- the first natural partner of public administration representing the interests of Polish automotive parts manufacturers,
- an organization that noticeably supports the development of important areas of its members’ activities – R&D,
- a well-organized association of Polish automotive parts producers.
KEY AREAS OF PGM CLUSTER OPERATION
I. BUILDING A BRAND AND GAINING NEW CUSTOMERS / MARKETS
- PGM development towards full service supply
- Acquiring customers thanks to PGM membership
- Development of own brands of Polish producers and a common PGM brand
II. REPRESENTATION OF INTERESTS OF POLISH PRODUCERS AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Starting permanent cooperation with the Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Technology (MPiT) in the field of representing the interests of Polish producers in the automotive industry
- Establishing a dialogue on selected topics important to Polish producers
- Active participation of the cluster representative in the development and implementation of the strategy of the KIS 6 working group (“Environmentally friendly transport solutions”)
III. COST AND PROCESS OPTIMIZATION
- Implementation of mechanisms significantly supporting cost and process optimization in member companies
IV. RAISING INNOVATION / R&D
- Developing an environment / platform that is an opportunity to increase innovation / development of R&D among member companies
V. DEVELOPMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- Launch of the cyclical human resources development program at PGM
VI. INCREASING THE ORGANIZATION’S POTENTIAL
- Providing operational facilities for joint operation under PGM,
- Expansion of the group of PGM members by companies that have competences supplementing those already present in the group,
- Increasing the scale of the organization’s operations, including PGM obtaining the status of a National Key Cluster and establishing cooperation with other organizations in the country and abroad